Connect with us

Uncategorized

Robber swallows woman’s wedding ring

Published

on

A traffic robber who swallowed his victim’s wedding ring after threatening to kill her was Friday arrested by the operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos State Command in Oshodi and CMS part of the metropolis.

Three other suspected traffic robbers were also arrested.

The ring swallowing suspect, Taofeek Adebayo, 19, along with an accomplice, Toheeb Tijani, 20 were arrested in Oshodi-Oke shortly after dispossessing two ladies occupying a grey Sienna bus of a gold earring and a set of wedding rings.

The two other suspects, Samson Oluwa, 20 and Michael Adamu, 22, were arrested in an all-night sting operation in CMS.

Mr Adebayo and his partners on Friday pleaded with two women in a Sienna to assist them with money for food. The two ladies extended a N100 note to them, which the suspects instantly rejected.

According to the driver of the Sienna, who asked not to be named, “My colleague and I were coming from Anthony and heading to Ilasa for our association’s meeting. Three of them (pointing to the suspects) came near our vehicle. There was traffic and we could turn anywhere. We were scared. They said we should give them money for food. I reached out to my colleague to give me money.

“She gave me N100 which I gave them. They rejected it. One of them said, ‘eleyi ki I se owo ti wa’. I told them this is what I have. One of them pulled my left ear and removed my earring.”

She continued, “two of them turned to the other side of my vehicle. They threatened to waste us if we don’t give them money. ‘Where is the money’, they screamed at us. In a hurry to leave our car, they forced my friend to surrender her wedding ring.

“This yellow guy (pointing to Adebayo) took the first one and swallowed it in our presence. His colleague took the other one.”

When interrogated, Mr Adebayo said, “I swallowed it but I have vomited it and handed it over to Young Boy is the third guy when police were chasing us. I told him to hand over the rings to the ladies so that the police can release us but he absconded with the two rings and earring.”

His accomplice, Toheed Tijani, who sources said was on the watchlist of the police for snatching a mobile phone from a commuter in traffic earlier in the day, said, ‘I have released the phone to the LASTMA officials standing in Oshodi Oke. They told me that RRS officers were looking for me to arrest me.”

The two other suspected traffic robbers were arrested around Friday midnight when they were robbing a stranded motorist around CMS, Lagos.

Commenting on the development, the Commissioner of Police, Muazu Zubairu, said the police would not relent in its efforts towards making Lagos safe for law abiding citizens. He directed that the suspects be transferred to Makinde Police Division, Oshodi and SCID, Yaba.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Uncategorized

Two Suspects in Police Net for Allegedly Kidnapping, Killing Girl in Kano.

Published

on

Adamu Aminu, Kano.

The Police in Kano State says it has nabbed two suspects in connection with kidnapping and hacking an eight- year old girl, Aisha Umar.

The Police Public Relation Officer, DSP Abdullahi Haruna made it known in a statement issued on Tuesday in Kano.

He said that the command’s Anti-Kidnapping Squad of “Operation Puff Adder” arrested the suspected culprits after receiving a report of the lifeless body of uncovered in a Well at Gandun Albasa neighbourhood in Kano.

He said that the corpse was evacuated and taken to Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hospital Kano.

The PPRO said the body was later identified to be that of the eight-year-old girl who was earlier kidnapped at Tudun Wada, Nassarawa Local Government Area of the state.

Haruna called on the public to always report any incident, suspicious persons or movement promptly to the nearest police station.

He said that the state’s Commissioner of Police, Mr. Ahmed Iliyasu, had directed that the remaining suspects at large be tracked and arrested, adding that the arrested ones would be charged to court after investigations.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

FG may redesign 2nd Niger Bridge to prevent suicide

Published

on

There are indications that the Federal government may re-design the second Niger Bridge so as to forestall anyone from committing suicide via the bridge.

The Federal Controller of works in Anambra, Adeyemo Ajani, gave the hint when he took members of the Abuja branch of the Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE) on an inspection at the Ogbaru site of the 2nd Niger Bridge project in Onitsha on Saturday July 13th.

“What we have on the walk lane is our standard design but what the engineers are talking about is a kind of review. If we have to do abnormal design to take care of suicidal situations, it will require another design.

“There has been rapid progress on the project. The last time the minister and the vice-president came, it was 15 per cent level completion but today it is above 21per cent. When you look at it from the time the project started, we are now at 24 per cent completion.

“The main bridge has begun; we have done all the piling and the structures above water level have been done considerably. At the Asaba end, we have raised the structure to the deck up to 80 per cent.” Ajani said

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Renowned Congolese Pastor Paul Mukendi found guilty of sexual assaults in Canada

Published

on

Paul Mukendi, the renowned Congolese Pastor of Parole de Vie evangelical church in Quebec, Canada, has been found guilty of a 9-count charge of sexual assaults. 

His victim, a 31-year-old woman who came into his care after her mother “gave her as an offering” to him when she was still an under-aged teenager, had accused him of sexually assaulting her for 14 years (2002 to 2016). 

While Pastor Paul Mukendi claimed that the victim is “motivated by financial gain” and fabricated the entire story, she stood her ground as the trial began on June 4.

 Renowned Congolese Pastor Paul Mukendi found guilty of sexual assaults in Canada

The Congolese Pastor was found guilty by the Jury, as other women came forward with their own claims about being sexually abused. Judge Jean-François Émond who denied his lawyer’s request for him to be released pending his sentencing in September, opted for an immediate detention.

Continue Reading

Trending