Connect with us

Entertainment

Court Grants Naira Marley Bail

Published

on

The Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi has granted Nigerian Musician Azeez Fashola bail.

At the resumed bail application, his lead defense counsel Olalekan Ojo for the singer apologized for his absence at the initial arraignment on May 20 due to heavy down poor.

Ojo urged the court to accept the bail application Prima Facie based on the presumption of his innocence in accordance with Section 162 (1).

The defense also pleaded that a liberal approach is taken in hearing the bail application.

The prosecution counsel, led by Rotimi Oyedepo, however, argued that it is not the temporary release of the singer that mattered but the final judgment.

He, therefore, urged the court to grant accelerated hearing rather than bail.

He added that since the lawyer of the defendant said the defendant is a celebrity, then his actions and inactions have a multiplier effect on youths in the entire federation.

Justice Nicholas Oweibo who presided over the bail hearing after listening to the defense and prosecution arguments granted the singer bail to the sum of two million naira, two sureties.

The trial has been adjourned to 22, 23 and 24 of October for accelerated hearing.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Entertainment

Fans Want DJ Arafat’s Funeral Held Inside Stadium

Published

on

Thousands of heartbroken fans of late Ivory Coast musician, DJ Arafat, have signed an online petition asking the country’s Ministry of Culture to use their biggest stadium to hold his funeral service.

The 33-year-old artistes died on Monday morning after a motorbike accident in Abidjan, the country’s capital.

Originally known as Ange Didier Huon, DJ Arafat was famous for his energetic dance steps and scintillating brand of coupé-décalé sound that left fans begging for more.

Over 65,000 people have signed the petition on change.org asking for the Félix Houphouet Boigny Stadium to be used for the funeral, according to a BBC report on Wednesday.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Nicki Minaj reveals she and boyfriend Kenneth Petty will be married in ‘About 80 Days’

Published

on

Nicki Minaj and her boyfriend, Kenneth Petty are set to get married

On Monday, August 12, the 36-year-old rapper revealed on the new episode of her Queen Radio Show that she and boyfriend Kenneth Petty will be married in “about 80 days.”

She explained that she and Petty filed for the marriage license and they still had to pick it up and she was traveling, by the time she came back, they had to renew it again.

“From that time, you have 90 days to get married. That was about a week ago, so now I have about 80 days,” Minaj shared.

Nicki also said that she and Petty will celebrate their union with a small, intimate ceremony and will plan a big wedding later.

“I have to work on my album and I have a lot to focus on that I don’t want to do the big wedding now. We’ll do the big wedding later,” Minaj said.

“I’ll be married before my album comes out, but will have my wedding after the album comes out. Before the 90 days is over, yes, I will be married.”

“I’m very happy about that because my baby makes me so happy,” she added

Back in June, Nicki who started dating Petty in December 2018 confirmed they had gotten a marriage license.

“We did get our marriage license,” Minaj said on Queen Radio at the time. “I think I have what I was striving for, just happiness. It was so hard to get to a happy place. Now that I’m there, I don’t want to compromise that for anyone or anything.”

The couple met when Nicki was a 17-year-old living in Queens, and they rekindled their romance last year.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

BBNaija housemate Khafi faces sack by MET Police as she’s being investigated after sex on the show

Published

on

Big Brother Naija housemate and Met Police officer, Khafi Kareem, 29, is being investigated for having sex on the show despite warning from her bosses not to take part.

A Met spokesman said last night: “A PC, attached to the Met’s transformation command, requested permission to take part in a reality television entertainment show in Nigeria. Permission was not given.

“The Met is aware the officer has since appeared on the show without authority.

“The Directorate of Professional Standards has been informed and will be carrying out an investigation into the circumstances.

“The Met does not support the officer’s appearance nor does she represent the Met whilst appearing on the show.”

The force added that any officer found to have breached police standards of professional behaviour could face misconduct proceedings.

The 29-year-old UK based, who was once a ‘poster girl’ for the promotion of female and black staff for Met Police and earns about £30,000 a year, was said to have forcefully left her job for the show.

It was also reported that the authorities made the move to start an investigation as she became the talk of the show after videos of her having sex with her love interest Gedoni went viral online.

BBNaija housemate Khafi faces sack by MET Police as she

Her TV appearances have left ­colleagues unimpressed. Speaking on the issue, an unnamed colleague told The SUN newspaper: “She’s a serving British police officer – it’s outrageous.

“She asked permission to go on the show but, when her request was refused, she went anyway.”

Another Met source said: “There should be no way back for her from this and her superiors will have to act.

“She fitted the mould perfectly for how the modern force wants to ­portray itself but seems to have got a bit too big for her boots.

“It’s hard to see how can she argue that she hasn’t brought the force into disrepute.”

Meanwhile, Khafi is currently up for possible eviction. 

Continue Reading

Trending