Nigeria telecommunication giant, MTN on Wednesday, withdrew its legal suit against the Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, and paid the sum of N50 billion to settle out-of-court.
The telecom giant withdrew the case at the Federal High Court in Lagos in response to a request by the NCC.
Speaking on the withdrawal, the CEO of MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman, said, “This is a most encouraging development. It demonstrates a willingness and sincerity by both parties to work together towards a positive outcome.”
He further added that MTN paid N50bn to the federal government “as a gesture of good faith and commitment to continued efforts towards an amicable resolution.”
NCC had last year fined the telecom giant the sum of N1.04 trillion for failing to deactivate 5.1 million unregistered SIM cards and later reduced the amount to N780 billion after the first round of negotiations.
MTN, however, requested an out-of-court settlement late last year.
News2 weeks ago
BREAKING: Ajimobi’s daughter-in-law blast Gov. Makinde, says gov can’t surpass ex-Oyo gov
Society News2 years ago
EXCLUSIVE: The Complete Story of Dolapo Awosika, John Fashanu and Prophet Kasali Sex Mess
News3 days ago
How Ex-EFCC Spokesman, Tony Orilade Buried Dad
Crime5 months ago
Exclusive: Female Aide Fingered In Oko Oloyun’s Murder + Banking Transactions That Nailed Husband
News2 weeks ago
Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, His Membership Of Secret Cult, And Other Issues Touching On His Public Credentials Examined by Barr. PATRICK I. BIOSE
Kano Matters2 weeks ago
Ahead of Sunday’s burial: Gov. Ganduje, wife, children pay condolence visit to family of late Ex-Oyo Gov Abiola Ajimobi in Ibadan
Politics3 weeks ago
BREAKING: Edo 2020 Crisis: Aspirant drags Edo PDP To Court To Stop Governorship Primary
Society News2 months ago
Helen Prest In Trouble As Tosin Ajayi’s Children Demand Probe Of Father’s Death