Connect with us


Khloe Kardashian Shares Health Update: ‘Staph Infection Is No Joke’



Khloe Kardashian is finally starting to feel better after announcing on Wednesday that she was dealing with an illness.

The 31-year-old Keeping Up With the Kardashians star took to Twitter on Saturday to give fans an update on her health.

“Staph infection is no joke,” she tweeted. “Mine was exacerbated by stress which is not a great combo. I’m under great medical care & receiving tons of love!”

“Please everyone take care of yourselves and pay attention to your bodies,” she continued. “Be kind and loving to one another! It goes a long way!!”

She ended the series of posts by thanking her fans for their constant support, writing, “I appreciate all of your prayers, well wishes and love being sent my way. I’ll be better very soon. I love you guys.”

Earlier this week, Khloe canceled upcoming signings of her new book, Strong Looks Better Naked, in order to get some rest.

“Dolls! So sorry I needed 2 re schedule my book signing. I’m sick &dr’s orders are that I need to lay low until we narrow down what’s wrong,” the reality star tweeted. “I’ll be going for more testing today. I’m very sorry again. Stress can run our bodies down so please everyone take care of yourselves.”

NEWS: Khloe Kardashian Is Hosting the Kardashian Thanksgiving Dinner This Year

A source close to Khloe later told ET that it was a “minor infection,” and she was seeking treatment by her doctors. “She is run down as she has been burning the candle at both ends,” the source said. “She will be fine, but needs some rest.”

A big part of that stress comes from all of the drama she’s been dealing with, surrounding her former husband, ex NBA player Lamar Odom, who remains hospitalized at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

Khloe appeared on the Today show on Thursday, where she opened up about the 36-year-old’s road to recovery after he was found unresponsive at the Love Ranch brothel in Crystal, Nevada, on Oct. 13. She also confirmed that they remain “separated,” despite calling off their divorce in October.

“He’s OK. Every day is different,” she explained. “The good thing is he’s off of medical machines that will keep him alive. He’s learning how to walk again, and [continuing] cognitive therapy and speech therapy. They think, like, within a year and a half to two years, he might, you know — mentally — be fully recovered, but they don’t know.”