Connect with us

Entertainment

To avoid backlash, ‘Game of Thrones’ creators reveal they plan to be ‘drunk and far from the internet’ when series finale airs

Published

on

As the final season of “Game of Thrones” gets set to air in about a week, the creators of the show, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are making plans on how to handle global reactions to the finale.

In a chat with Entertainment Weekly, Benioff and Weiss said they will be avoiding the inevitable backlash when the final episode airs and they plan to stay far away from the internet and will be drowning themselves in bottles of alcohol.

Weiss in the interview said,

“We’ll be in an undisclosed location, turning off our phones and opening various bottles. At some point, if and when it’s safe to come out again, somebody like [HBO’s ‘Thrones’ publicist Mara Mikialian] will give us a breakdown of what was out there without us having to actually experience it.”

Benioff added,

“I plan to be very drunk and very far from the internet.”

Speaking further about the ending of “Game of Thrones”, Weiss said,

“We want people to love it. It matters a lot to us. We’ve spent 11 years doing this. We also know no matter what we do, even if it’s the optimal version, that a certain number of people will hate the best of all possible versions. There is no version where everybody says, ‘I have to admit, I agree with every other person on the planet that this is the perfect way to do this’ — that’s an impossible reality that doesn’t exist. You hope you’re doing the best job you can, the version that works better than any other version, but you know somebody is not going to like it.”

Buttressing his point, Benioff added,

“A good story isn’t a good story if you have a bad ending,” added Benioff. “Of course we worry. It’s also part of the fun of any show that people love arguing about it.”

Since “Game of Thrones” began its final season on HBO on Sunday, April 14. fans have had mixed reactions to the development so far.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Crime

Naira Marley remanded in prison for alleged internet fraud

Published

on

The federal high court in Lagos has ordered that Naira Marley be remanded in prison over allegations of internet fraud.

The singer was arraigned in court on Monday following his arrest by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The anti-graft agency charged the singer with 11-counts fraud offence to which he pleaded not guilty.

The judge adjourned until May 30 for the hearing of his bail application adding that he should be remanded till the next hearing.

Zlatan and Tiamiu Abdulrahman Kayode; Adewunmi Adeyanju Moses; and Abubakar Musa, who were arrested alongside the ‘Japa’ singer have since been released.

They were arrested for allegations of advanced fee fraud and related cybercrimes on May 10.

Before his arrest, Naira Marley has been in the news recently for advocating the cause of internet fraudsters.

Naira Marley in court on Monday

During an Instagram live session in April, he had urged Nigerians to pray for internet fraudsters (Yahoo boys) “as they are crucial to the circulation of money in the economy.”

In the suit before the court, EFCC is using section 33 (2) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act.

The charges against the singer read in part: “That you, Azeez Adeshina Fashola, aka Naira Marley, and Raze (still at large), on or about the 11th day of December 2018, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, conspired amongst yourselves to use Access card 42658840359191132 issued to persons other than you in a bid to obtain gain and you thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 27(1)(b) of the Cyber Crimes (Prohibition, Prevention etc) Act 2015 and punishable under Section 33(2) of the Same Act.

“That you, Azeez Adeshina Fashola, aka Naira Marley, and Raze (still at large), on or about the 10th day of May 2019, within the jurisdiction of this honorable court, with intent to defraud possessed, counterfeit card 4921819410257431 issued to Timea Fedorne Tatar and you thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 33(9) of Cyber Crimes (Prohibition, Prevention etc) Act 2015.”

Marley risks seven years in jail if found guilty.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Khloe Kardashian’s ex-husband Lamar Odom reveals he’s a sex addict and has slept with over 2,000 women

Published

on

Four years after he was found unconscious as a result of a drug overdose at a Nevada brothel in Las Vegas, former NBA star and Khloé Kardashian‘s ex-husband, Lamar Odom has revealed he has a sex addiction and has slept with more than 2,000 women.

In his new memoir, ‘Darkness to Light’ exclusively excerpted in PEOPLE , the NBA champion writes, “I have been obsessed with sex for as long as I can remember.”

“I am a sex addict,” writes Odom, who was married to Khloé Kardashian for four years before they split in 2013.

The 39-year-old reveals that he has had sex with more than 2,000 women. “There were too many strippers to count,” he writes. “It wasn’t a big deal, but often I would pay them. I never thought less of them.”

Odom also disclosed that he cheated on Kardashian throughout their marriage; she eventually discovered the infidelities.

Khloe Kardashian

“I was shocked and embarrassed,” he tells PEOPLE in an exclusive interview. “I wanted to take it back, but you can’t.I wanted to hide it. But that sick sin was hard for me to hide … I had a problem.”

He continues: “[I] ran out of porn to watch! That’s how you know when you are going a little overboard.”

His addiction to sex was trigged him to drugs.

“Sex was a trigger for me to do drugs,” he tells PEOPLE. “Because you double up on [that] good feeling.”

In 2015, Odom’s addictions led him to the Love Ranch brothel in Las Vegas, where he overdosed and nearly died.

“That was the wake-up call,” says Odom. “Like, this can’t happen again.”

Odom who is now drug-free admitted that he’s still an addict but won’t go back into the darkness.

“I’m still an addict,” he writes in his book. “I still struggle … [But] I will not go into the darkness. Ever again.”

Continue Reading

Crime

Chris Attoh’s wife was married to American drug kingpin, say police

Published

on

Bettie Jenifer, late wife of Chris Attoh, Ghanaian actor, was legally married to two men prior to her demise, police said on Sunday.

According to NBC Washington, the Greenbelt police department has confirmed that Jenifer was also married to Kedrick Jenifer — a Baltimore drug lord who is currently serving a 20-year prison sentence.

“On Sunday, police said Jenifer was also married to 47-year-old Kedrick Jenifer, who is currently serving a 20-year prison sentence for importing large amounts of cocaine into Baltimore from Texas,” the news outfit said.

“The U.S. District Attorney’s Office said the kingpin’s… drug trafficking organization, distributed at least 450 kilograms of cocaine in Baltimore and Woodbridge, Virginia.”

Kedrick who was sentenced to jail in October 2016 also pleaded guilty to money laundering charges.

Although Bettie was still legally married to Kedrick, she got wedded to the Ghanaian movie star on October 6, 2018.

The drug lord, however, filed for divorce in April and Betti did the same six days later. This was barely a month before Bettie was murdered at the parking lot of her office building in Maryland.

Bettie Jenifer was shot in the head by an unidentified gunman on Friday evening. She was pronounced dead before police arrived at the scene of the crime. The police are yet to apprehend the shooter.

Continue Reading

Trending