Connect with us

Entertainment

The music industry neglected Mad Melon till he died – Mountain Black of Danfo Drivers speaks on how the musician died

Published

on

Mountain Black, one-half of the music group, Danfo Drivers, has said that the music industry neglected his recently deceased colleague, Mad Melon, before his death.  

Shortly after news of the artiste’s demise hit the Internet, many artistes posted his picture on social media, mourning his death.

In a chat with Saturday Beats, Mountain Black said, “Yes, he was neglected (by the music industry). We became popular in 2003, and we had been managing ourselves since then. I believe that with God, all things are possible. We believed in ourselves, and that is why we were still relevant in the industry till now. The industry is very wide; you can fix yourself anywhere and make your money. We were, also, both involved in transportation business.”  

On the nature of Mad Melon’s illness, Black said, “I am not a doctor. I was actually not around. It was when I got back, I was told that he was not feeling well. One of his relatives called me and said I should come immediately because my brother was acting strangely. By the time I got there, he was gone. I was just told he was not feeling fine.”  

Revealing the plans for Melon’s funeral rites, Black said, “the wake will take place on October 11, while the burial will hold the next day. We stay in Satellite Town now but we have to go back to Ajegunle where we were brought up. He is going to be buried in Atan Cemetery, Yaba. The people of Ajegunle have been very supportive.”  

When asked what he would miss most about his former partner, Mountain Black said, “I will miss a lot about him. We went to places and worked together. He will always be in my heart. I can neither forget nor deny him– he was my brother.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Entertainment

I’ll be helping five single mothers, says Tonto Dikeh as she celebrates 5M IG followers

Published

on

Tonto Dikeh, Nollywood actress, singer and humanitarian, says she will be including five single mothers to the list of women who receive child support monthly from her foundation.

The talented movie star made the pledge on Sunday in celebration to the milestone of five million followers on her Instagram page.

Tonto, who could not hide her joy, called on single mothers who have no help from their spouse or baby daddy to send her private message.

According to her, the women would be placed on a monthly payment and added to ‘Tonto Dikeh Foundation’

“In Commemoration of my Instagram Hitting 5million. I Will Be Adding 5single Mothers To The List Of Women (Single Mothers) Who Receive Child Support Monthly From The Tonto Dikeh Foundation @t_d_foundation,” she wrote.

“If you are single and have no help from your spouse or baby daddy? This is for you, We already have 5 and we just about to add 5more…

“This is an initiative By KING ANDRE DIKEH @kingandre_dikeh through the TONTO DIKEH FOUNDATION…#DM ONLY and we will investigate you #PRIVATE SELECTION#WISH YOU ALL THE BEST…#THANKS FOR TOUR IMMENSE SUPPORT TO MY MINISTRY….”

The controversial actress had recently admonished ladies not to sleep with “a large number” of men just to get the new iPhone 11.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘IBI (The Birth)’, ‘Nimbe’, ‘Dear Bayo’ win UK Nollywood Film Festival awards

Published

on

‘IBI (The Birth)’, ‘Nimbe’, ‘Dear Bayo’ and ‘Unseen Treasure’, have been adjudged the best films in the UK at the 2019 UK Nollywood Film Festival (UKNFF).

The festival was organized by the UK Nollywood producers’ guild.

Malcolm Benson, president of the guild, in a statement issued on Sunday, said that ‘IBI (The Birth)’ was adjudged the ‘best indigenous (native language) feature film’, and also emerged ‘best feature film 2019’.

‘Dear Bayo’, won the jury’s award, as the ‘Unseen Treasure’ emerged the best in ‘best short film’ category, while ‘Diced’ was declared the ‘best script’.

Benson said plans were in the pipeline to increase the award categories to include ‘best actor’, ‘best actress’, ‘best supporting actor’, ‘best supporting actress’, ‘best director’ and ‘best producer’.

This, he said, would give more recognition to the talents both behind and in front of the screen.

“The UKNFF 2019 has broken its own record set during the first edition; the opening ceremony which took place at Ambassadors Hotel, London Bloomsbury, attended by the industry professionals and stakeholders sold out two days to the event,” the statement read.

“The UK Nollywood Producers Guild promises to secure a bigger venue for 2020’s event in order to accommodate the increasing demand.

“The UK Nollywood Producers Guild will continue to work with stakeholders and play it’s part in bringing Nollywood Producers together, enabling and creating the platforms where ever possible in order to improve standards.

“We will rise above our current barriers if we persist and focus on developing our crafts with genuine commitment to learning from our mistakes, learning from other experts, seeking and working with a good mentor and attending lectures and seminars.

“We will also succeed if we are resilient, avoid being complacent and importantly avoid unhealthy in-fight among ourselves and undue pride.

“We will make our mark and create an industry that will not only make us very rich and famous but also set a long lasting legacy for the next generation of Nollywood filmmakers.”

Benson said Kate Anolue, a Nigerian, who is the mayor of London borough of Enfield and current patron of the Guild, as well as Victoria Obaze, the mayor and speaker of London borough of Tower Hamlet, received certificates of patronage at the festival.

“There were various keynote speakers such as Shantelle Rochester of IDA ROSE Productions, Dapo Oshiyemi, CEO Talking Drums Film Distributions, and Dr Alistair Soyode, CEO of Ben Television,” he added.

“Other key guests are Sandie Bogle from Google Box; Prince and Mrs Mike Abiola, CEO, African Voice Newspaper; Sam Anwuzie CEO, ZAFAA Awards; Uche K of Sendwave, Representative from YANGA TV and CEO of Trumpet Newspaper, Mr Femi Okutubo, among others.”

Benson also said that UKNFF would open its online platform on November 1, in preparation for the 2020 edition to be held in October during the black history celebration.

He urged filmmakers to start submitting their films as soon as the platform opens, while financial and media partners were also invited to engage with the guild for early preparation of the 2020 event.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Tacha announces TeeBillz as manager

Published

on

Tacha Akide, a former housemate of the just concluded Big Brother Naija reality TV show, has announced Tunji Ibrahim Balogun better known as TeeBillz, as her new manager.

The Port Harcout-based controversial TV star took to her Instagram page to disclose that she is now signed under ‘BillzVizion’, a label owned by TeeBillz, former husband of Tiwa Savage, Afrobeats vocalist.

Prior to the announcement, Tacha had deleted all the photos from her handle.

The 23-year-old Instagram sensation, who was unarguably the most controversial housemate in this year’s season of the show, got involved in a confrontation with Mercy Eke — a situation that led to her disqualification from the house while the latter would later emerge winner of the year’s BBNaija.

Following the controversy that met her disqualification, Billz had promised to turn her into a big brand out of Africa. He had also described her as the Kim Kardashian of Africa and requested to be her manager.

Continue Reading

Trending