Connect with us

Sports

Leicester owners reward Foxes fans with a free beer

Published

on

Leicester City’s owners want their supporters to celebrate the club’s success this season with a free beer.

The Foxes head into Monday night’s game with Manchester City aiming to regain top spot in the Premier League and fans who attend can enjoy a free beer, courtesy of the club’s sponsors Singha, or if they prefer a bottle of water.

1

Leicester’s Thai owners previously footed the bar bill at the King Power Stadium in last season’s final game of the season against QPR and to mark the club’s promotion in 2013/14.

Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha told lcfc.com: “2015 has been a wonderful year for our Football Club but, we know that none of this would be possible without the incredible support of our fans.

“They continue to inspire our players to greater things on the pitch and for that we want to say thank you. Their loyalty and belief has helped to make 2015 a special year and we’re delighted that our friends at Singha Corporation will be helping us to give something back.

“We know it will be a wonderful atmosphere inside King Power Stadium for our final fixture of the year and I hope all 30,000 of you enjoy raising a glass with us as we head into 2016 together.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

News

Nigeria football league suspended indefinitely due to coronavirus

Published

on

The League Management Company (LMC) has suspended the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) until further notice due to concerns about the coronavirus.

The LMC, which is the organiser of the NPFL, disclosed this in a statement issued on Wednesday evening.

“Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) has been suspended till further notice in line with global health preventive protocol against the Corona Virus Disease (COVID 19),” the statement read.

“In suspending remaining league matches, the League Management Company (LMC) said it would review the decision after consulting the nation’s health authorities, namely, the Federal Ministry of Health and the National Center for Disease Control (NCDC) as well as the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development.

“Matchday 25 fixtures were concluded on Wednesday and the LMC said the decision was to conform with the guidelines for containment of the spread of the global pandemic.”

In the same manner, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has announced the cessation of all forms of football activities in the country for the next four weeks to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

According to the country’s football governing, the shutdown will affect all on-field activities in the various national teams, the NPFL, the other leagues, youth football programmes and even street football.

The COVID-19 crisis has prompted many countries to halt sports activities, while others have opted to play their games behind closed doors.

Nigeria recently confirmed five new cases of the coronavirus on Wednesday.

Continue Reading

Sports

Ronaldinho arrested for allegedly using fake passport to travel

Published

on

Former Brazilian football star Ronaldinho and his brother have been detained in Paraguay after allegedly using fake passports to enter the South American country, authorities said Wednesday.

“Ronaldinho will be heard at eight in the morning on Thursday at the prosecutor’s office,” Interior Minister Euclides Acevedo told reporters.

Paraguayan police raided the hotel in Asuncion where the 2005 Ballon d’Or winner was staying during a trip promote a book and found the false documents, the minister said.

“We are also investigating the responsibility of the authorities who allowed them to enter the country with falsified documents,” Acevedo said.

Ronaldinho and his brother had their Brazilian passports withdrawn in November 2018 after failing to pay a $2.3 million fine for environmental damage incurred during the building of property in Rio Grande do Sul, in southern Brazil.

Continue Reading

Sports

WilderFury3 confirmed! Deontay Wilder officially triggers July rematch with Tyson Fury

Published

on

American boxer Deontay Wilder has officially confirmed his rematch with Tyson Fury a day after posting a Twitter video where he claimed ‘no one can take his pride and that the war has just begun’.

WilderFury3 confirmed! Deontay Wilder officially triggers July rematch with Tyson Fury

Wilder lost his first professional fight to Fury on February 23, losing his WBC belt to the Gypsy King in the process.

Fury bulldozed Wilder throughout the match, knocking him out twice before Wilder’s trainer Mark Breland was forced to throw in the towel seeing his athlete had suffered extensive ear and mouth damage.

                      
A lot of boxing fans wanted to see an a fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua next, given that Fury had fought Wilder twice and outclassed him in both, but Wilder has chosen to trigger the rematch clause signed in his contract with Fury and a July date has been agreed.
 

“Wilder’s representatives formally notified us last night that they have accepted the rematch,” Bob Arum, Fury’s co-promoter and owner of Top Rank promotions told Ringside Reporter Live on Sunday.

“It’s going to happen in the summer before the Olympics.”
 

Arum admitted he was not sure Wilder will have fully recovered by July following the bruising, two-knockdown defeat, which saw him suffer a badly-cut ear and lip.
 

After Fury’s impressive win over Wilder where he taught Wilder some boxing essentials, Wilder gave off a series of excuses why he lost the match.

“I had no legs,” Wilder said. “I’m surprised I went that long. I had no legs, and I knew I was in for a fight with these legs and the condition I was in. It was crazy. But, you know, again, it’s nobody’s fault but mine.”

“I wore the costume that was that heavy, and I paid the price. I traded the tribute to men and women [for] my title, and you know, as a warrior, I was gonna fight.

“My job was to fight under any circumstances, as a king, and that’s what I did. And I don’t take nothing back.”

Continue Reading

Trending