The succession tussle of the Agura of Gbagura in Ogun State is taking a serious dimension as the Egiri Ruling House in the area have accused the out-going Governor of the state, Mr. Ibikunle Amosun of plans to impose his candidate as the new Oba of the area.
Sources within the ruling house alleged that Amosun is colluding with Rtd. Justice Ademola Bakre-OON, who they said claimed to be the Head of Egiri Ruling House, to instal Prince Saburi Babajide Bakre, who they alleged was his nephew, as the next Agura of Gbagura.
It was gathered that the Princes recently met and agreed to resist any attempt to impose the new Agura of Gbagura on the community.
We gathered that members of the public have been alerted of this move via a communique released at the end of a meeting of the princes in Egiri Ruling House and that the authorities of Abeokuta North Local Government have been informed not to “recognise anybody yet as the new Agura of Gbagura,” until further notice.
“Governor Ibikunle Amosun wants to leave a bad legacy in the state. “We will not allow him to completely destroy Ogun State before he leaves office on May 29, 2019.
“Amosun has destroyed almost all the fabrics of our state and we will not allow him to do more or use Gbagura as a Guinea Pig.
“How could Amosun be thinking of imposing an Oba on Gbagura. “We have our own style, we have our ethics and we will follow this to the letter. There is nothing Amosun or Justice Bakre could do about this,” said a source close to Egiri Ruling House.
Members of the family were said to be meeting with all the necessary stakeholders in the state to ensure that Governor Amosun and Justice Ademola Bakre-OON do not achieve their aim and that the people of the area had been placed on red alert to resist any attempt to “force anybody on them.”
“It would not work, our people are battle ready and they know their left from their right. There is nothing Governor Amosun or Justice Bakre can do about this.
“We are different from other settlements, where they have successfully imposed their candidates on the people.
“This will not work and we ready to deal with them with all the powers within us,” said another source in Egiri Family, who added that “Amosun should be ready to battle with the people and their gods if he insists on going ahead with his actions.”
Kogi APC Aspirants’ Forum rejects Yahaya Bello for second term, warns Buhari, Oshiomhole
The All Progressives Congress (APC) Aspirants’ Forum, Kogi State chapter, on Monday, rejected the candidature of Governor Yahaya Bello for a second term in office over alleged bad leadership and non-performance.
This was made known in a communique issued by the forum at the end of
its meeting on Monday in Abuja.
The communique signed by its chairman, Mr Ben Adaji, appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari, the National Chairman of APC, Adams Oshiomhole and members of its National Working Committee (NWC) not to give the governorship ticket to Bello.
It added that giving the ticket to Bello to run for a second term would be a risk, saying the party may lose the state to the opposition.
It said Bello had remained adamant in spite of directives by President Muhammadu Buhari to all APC governors to reconcile and accommodate the party`s aspirants after the last primaries.
The communique alleged that Bello had continued to treat Kogi aspirants as enemies and second class citizens in the party they laboured for.
It said the forum had, therefore, resolved to mobilise and support one of its members to contest the forthcoming primaries and the subsequent governorship election slated for November.
It added that after much deliberations and debate, the forum nominated three of its members which included: Alhaji Yahaya Audu, Chief Adedoyin, and Dr Toyin Akanle for the contest.
“At the end of the deliberations, Alhaji Yahaya Audu was unanimously endorsed to contest the forthcoming election,” the communique said.
The also forum used the opportunity to pledge unalloyed support for the President Buhari administration.
INEC withdraws 25 certificates of return
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it has withdrawn 25 certificates of return issued to some candidates who partook in the 2019 general election.
Speaking at a media forum in Enugu state on Monday, Festus Okoye, INEC’s national commissioner for information and voter education, said the commission took the action based on court orders.
Okoye said 20 of the 25 certificates were withdrawn from members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and given to other APC members while two were withdrawn from members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and issued to other PDP members.
He said the other three were withdrawn from both the APC and PDP and given to other political parties.
“Before we left INEC national headquarters on Friday, the commission has withdrawn 25 certificates-of-return from the first owners to their new owners following court orders to do that,” he said.
Okoye lauded the media for its openness and “robust engagement” with the commission before, during and after the election, adding that the media had become critical stakeholders for the success of future elections.
He said the media had become the first line of reach of the masses as well as a platform for the explanation of INEC political and electoral decisions.
Okoye called on the media and its practitioners to dig deep into the electoral act to ensure that the import of the recently amended sections is made known to the public.
“The media should also center on the aspect of using Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) to resolve electoral issues especially at the party levels instead of going to the court,” Okoye said.
Politicians that lost in the general elections are behind the increasing rate of insecurity – Buratai
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai has accused disgruntled politicians who lost in the 2019 general elections, of being behind kidnapping, herdsmen attacks and other forms of criminality in the country.
The Army chief made the allegation when he received the Chairman House Committe on the Army in Maiduguri on Wednessday May 15th.
Buratai during the meeting said
”The myraid of security challenges we are facing right now in the northwest, north central and other parts of the country, I want to believe and rightly so that it is a fallout of the just concluded general election.
“There are political class intrests, politicians in particular who saw their defeats as a way of trying to revenge, sponsoring these criminal activities even the bandits, the farmers and herders. There are strong political undertones and strong political influnces including (in these) kidnappings.
We use this opportunity to call on the chairman house committee on army to prevail on some of these politicains, to really look at national intrest first, before any political or sectional intrest.
We have some strong evidence but we are still being conscious so that we don’t get it wrong but the best is to advice these politicians”
World News7 months ago
I laughed when I read the story that I gave Israel ultimatum to return Nnamdi Kanu – Lai Mohammed
News1 month ago
Umar Mohammed Bago, Man With Passion For Service
Society News6 months ago
EXCLUSIVE: The Complete Story of Dolapo Awosika, John Fashanu and Prophet Kasali Sex Mess
News2 months ago
NDLEA Closes In On Sanwoolu’s Aide, Funke Phillips
Crime2 months ago
Unbelievable! Isolog Pry. School AKUTE Teacher Allegedly Rapes 2 Children… teacher on The Run
Crime1 month ago
Alleged Gang-rape: Court Denies Babcock Varsity student Bail
News1 month ago
Gov. Yahya Bello Declares For Second Term, Gives Reasons
News1 month ago
FG: We’ve not found a formula to end fuel subsidy