Bandits have displaced 17 villages in Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna State, according to the News Agency of Nigeria.
The incident, which was said to have happened on Sunday, led to the displacement of about 2,000, persons, who have since taken refuge at LEA Birnin Yero Primary School.
One of the victims and village head of Unguwan Gibe, Jibrin Abdullahi, said, “Bandits came to our village to attack us at about 1:00pm on Sunday.
“The problem started when vigilante decided to help the community to deal with the bandits in their hideout.
“The bandits don’t allow us to go to farm, the vigilantes wanted to bring an end to this.
“But when they reached the bandits’ hideout, they were overpowered and the bandits said since the community had decided to attack them, we will not have peace.”
He identified the villages that were displaced to include Tura, Unguwan Gebi, Unguwan Dangauta, Unguwan Nayawu, Unguwan Makeri, Jagani and Sabon Gida.
Others are, Dallatu, Unguwan Alhaji Ahmadu, Sabon Gari, Kusau, Gidan Sarkin Noma, Unguwan Pati, Unguwan Tofa and Sauran Giwa.
Chief Imam of Izala Mosque, Ibrahim Usman, said the bandits had been terrorising the community even before Sunday’s attack and called on government to intervene to enable them return home.
DSS is plotting a fresh charge against Sowore – Falana
Femi Falana, lead Counsel of embattled #RevolutionNow convener Omoyele Sowore has alleged that the Nigerian government is plotting a fresh charge against his client whose bail conditions was perfected last week.
Recall that the DSS had previously claimed that they refused to release Omoyele Sowore because no one came for him. However after lawyers, supporters and family members of the activist showed up at DSS headquarters in Abuja on Saturday November 9, the media personality who is facing charges of treason and insulting President Buhari was still not released.
Speaking at a Channels TV programme on Monday November 11, Femi Falana said Sowore is yet to be released because the Nigerian government wants to extend his detention.The Senior Advocate of Nigeria also claimed that he was reliably informed that the DSS is looking for new evidence to ensure they further detain the #RevolutionNow convener.
“I was reliably informed last night by a security official that the government was currently fishing for evidence,” he said.
“An attempt is being made to file a fresh charge on Tuesday so that there will be an excuse that ‘we are arraigning them in court, hence we are unable to release them’.
“If you recall, that was what was done when Justice Taiwo Taiwo granted Sowore bail on September 24. For a whole week, the order of the court was flouted. And then, of course, on September 30, he was arraigned together with Olawale Bakare. We are ready for them.”
Sowore’s lead counsel further stated that they will be filing contempt charges against DSS Director-General Yusuf Bichi, following the secret police’s refusal to release the media personality even after perfecting his bail conditions.
Falana also accused the Nigerian government of obeying only foreign court orders but disobeying orders issued by courts in the country. He backed his claim by pointing out that the FG hurriedly obeyed a British Court order to pay the sum of £250,000 cost to a foreign firm, Process and Industrial Development as condition to appeal a controversial $9.6bn judgment.
“The Federal Government has alleged that the controversial judgment debt of $9.6bn was obtained fraudulently by P & ID. But the commercial court in London recently ordered Nigeria to pay £250,000 within 14 days as a precondition for filing an appeal against the judgment.
“The said sum of £250,000 has since been paid to P & ID in strict compliance with the orders of Her Majesty’s High Court in London.
“But since national security takes precedence over the rule of law at home, the orders of the Federal High Court for the immediate release of Messrs Sowore and Bakare have been brazenly disobeyed by the State Security Service” he said.
Raheem Sterling dropped by England after trying to grab Joe Gomez by the neck
Manchester City striker Raheem Sterling has been dropped from England’s European Championship qualifier against Montenegro after a physical confrontation with Liverpool’s defender Joe Gomez.
According to several reports, Sterling attempted to grab Gomez by the neck following his arrival in the players’ canteen at St George’s Park on Monday, just a day after the pair clashed during Liverpool’s 3-1 win over Manchester City.
Witnesses said they heard him ask the Liverpool defender whether he was “still the big man.”
For Sterling’s part in the bust-up, FA confirmed in a statement that Sterling is not going to play any part against Montenegro on Thursday. Although, the 24-year-old will remain with the squad.
‘The FA can confirm Raheem Sterling will not be considered for Thursday’s EURO 2020 qualifier against Montenegro as a result of a disturbance in a private team area at St. George’s Park today,’ a statement read. ‘He will remain with the squad.’
Sterling is understood to have apologised to Gomez and the entire England squad after the altercation.
He also took address the bust-up with Joe Gomez: ‘We are in a sport where emotions run high and I am man enough to admit when emotions got the better of me,’ he posted. ‘Both Joe and I have had words and figured things out and moved on.’
All Colour Awards To Hold December 1st In Lagos
All Colour Awards (ACA), the anticipated unusual “made in Nigeria” annual event with limitless imagination, will bring together top players in different sectors of the Nigerian economy at the reputable Abelinis Hub – 1, Erinola Salako Street, Behind Excellence Hotel, Ogba, Lagos, Nigeria on Sunday, December 1, 2019.
The talk about town event will assemble different top players in various sectors under one roof to foster unity and is also positioned to propel winners beyond known boundaries.
The awards night, which will kick off with the Red Carpet by 2p.m and the Event Proper by 4p.m has been packaged for the Nigerian organizations right down to the selected recipients for the exclusive maiden edition. It is also an important meeting and avenue place for the industry watchers to get engaged with who-is-who in different sectors in Nigeria and beyond through ACA, an unfolding success to beat and copy.
“We are focused on high octane media programme, which will further increase the importance of the event, and eventually create consumer empathy for the participants, recipients and players in various industries” says Kanbi Owolabi, the Executive Producer of All Colour Awards in Nigeria.
Checks revealed that the objective of the advisory board and resource team is not to organize just an award but a memorable event that will help the recipients gain strong recognition and consumer empathy as a veritable platform for awardees to leverage and increase their perception profile.
For the records, the All Colour Awards (ACA) project is an exclusive event arranged to unite and amplify Nigeria’s top businesses, connect creativity brands, achievers’ excellence and reward by honouring and promoting the reputable individuals, organizations and brands that have secured high patronage and consumer rating in their respective categories.
The awards categories for the maiden exclusive edition are: Entertainment, Telecommunications, Advertising, Real Estate, Public Service, Banking, Oil & Gas, Hotels/Tourism, Media, Fashion & Style, Insurance, FCMG/Manufacturing, Gaming & Sports, Automobiles, Legal Practitioners and Lifetime Achievements.
The organizers promise an extra merry moments at the All Colour Gig popularly known as the ‘After Party’ for all the recipients/winners, participants and the special guests at a unique lounge to be disclosed at the event venue.
Society News12 months ago
EXCLUSIVE: The Complete Story of Dolapo Awosika, John Fashanu and Prophet Kasali Sex Mess
World News1 year ago
I laughed when I read the story that I gave Israel ultimatum to return Nnamdi Kanu – Lai Mohammed
Crime7 months ago
Unbelievable! Isolog Pry. School AKUTE Teacher Allegedly Rapes 2 Children… teacher on The Run
Featured5 months ago
Lagos Property Magnate, TV Mogul In Messy Sex Scandal In Dubai
News8 months ago
NDLEA Closes In On Sanwoolu’s Aide, Funke Phillips
News3 weeks ago
Lagos Top female APC Member In Multi-Billion Naira Debt Mess + How She Is Living Fake Life
News7 months ago
Umar Mohammed Bago, Man With Passion For Service
News3 years ago
Audu Maikori retracts statement that 5 students of Kaduna state College of Education were killed in Southern Kaduna crisis