Veteran Yoruba actor, Babatunde Omidina, popularly known as Baba Suwe, has returned to Nigeria after completing his treatment in the United States.
His colleague, Yomi Fabiyi, revealed this in a statement on Wednesday.
“Baba Suwe Survived! He made it and near 100% recovery,” Fabiyi, wrote in a statement which he sent to PREMIUM TIMES on Wednesday.
His statement read, “Without going into individual details, on behalf of Baba Suwe and his family, I want to thank everyone for playing a vital role. Hopefully, his health restores to full capacity in no distance time, so as to enable him to return to the screen. With tears of joy and gratitude, he sends his sincere heartfelt appreciation to you all.
“This update should be the near-final public information I will be supplying on this matter. I must thank you all (Nollywood Artists, fans and well-wishers especially) for trusting me to give you required updates on this, much valued. I shall lose no time to supply any further or additional vital information if and when needed in the future.”
The 60-year-old actor, who was accompanied by his son Sola, arrived in the U.S. to complete his medical treatment at an unnamed hospital in Rhode Island on April 22.
Fabiyi had earlier revealed that a reverend, Esther Ajayi, footed the actor’s air tickets and that of his son.
The donor, who is the founder of the Love of Christ Generation Church, C & S (Iya Adura), London, had earlier given the ailing actor N10 million ahead of the trip.
The comic actor, who sank into the background eight years ago, after enjoying the patronage and limelight for decades battled diabetic complications among other ailments before he travelled to the U.S. for comprehensive treatment.
Baba Suwe’s ordeal began in 2011 after he was arrested at the Murtala Mohammed Airport on the suspicion that he ingested cocaine wraps.
During the encounter, the popular comedian was detained for three weeks by the agency, but no drugs were found.
A Lagos High Court subsequently ordered NDLEA to pay the veteran actor N25 million for unlawfully detaining him and to also tender a public apology to him; a ruling the drugs agency appealed.
My husband rapes me – Nollywood actress opens up
Nollywood actress, Bose Oladimeji, has disclosed why she wants her marriage of two years dissolved.
Bose revealed that her decision to seek divorce was because of the domestic abuse she has been subjected to over the years.
According to Bose, her husband beats and rapes her each time he comes home drunk.
Speaking to Vanguard, she said: “Yes, I’m ready to go, in fact, I’m not with him right now. I just have to run for my life, my life is very precious to me.
“I can’t just allow someone to kill me like that and I want to address some ladies out there that they should not love a guy because of what he gives them.
“They should be sure the love is genuine and not be fooled by money and comfort. I’m leaving right now, I need to run away for my life. I need to save myself. My life will be in danger if I continue to stay with him, so I’m leaving right now,” she said.
“Whenever he’s drunk he’s out of his senses and starts misbehaving, beating me. He acts very crazy.
“He was taking good care of me and that was one of the reasons I fell in love with him. But what I found odd about him is the forceful way he has sex with. No foreplay, nothing, just to jump on me and forces his way through. No affection, no cuddling, no romance just brutal sex. I was raped like this most nights, and usually followed by beating and insults
“Any weapon he sees around he uses it on me but when he is sober he starts to regret whatever he has done. What I’m saying is that in the process of beating me what if I collapse and die or get injured, what will people say?” Bose said.
I’ll be helping five single mothers, says Tonto Dikeh as she celebrates 5M IG followers
Tonto Dikeh, Nollywood actress, singer and humanitarian, says she will be including five single mothers to the list of women who receive child support monthly from her foundation.
The talented movie star made the pledge on Sunday in celebration to the milestone of five million followers on her Instagram page.
Tonto, who could not hide her joy, called on single mothers who have no help from their spouse or baby daddy to send her private message.
According to her, the women would be placed on a monthly payment and added to ‘Tonto Dikeh Foundation’
“In Commemoration of my Instagram Hitting 5million. I Will Be Adding 5single Mothers To The List Of Women (Single Mothers) Who Receive Child Support Monthly From The Tonto Dikeh Foundation @t_d_foundation,” she wrote.
“If you are single and have no help from your spouse or baby daddy? This is for you, We already have 5 and we just about to add 5more…
“This is an initiative By KING ANDRE DIKEH @kingandre_dikeh through the TONTO DIKEH FOUNDATION…#DM ONLY and we will investigate you #PRIVATE SELECTION#WISH YOU ALL THE BEST…#THANKS FOR TOUR IMMENSE SUPPORT TO MY MINISTRY….”
The controversial actress had recently admonished ladies not to sleep with “a large number” of men just to get the new iPhone 11.
‘IBI (The Birth)’, ‘Nimbe’, ‘Dear Bayo’ win UK Nollywood Film Festival awards
‘IBI (The Birth)’, ‘Nimbe’, ‘Dear Bayo’ and ‘Unseen Treasure’, have been adjudged the best films in the UK at the 2019 UK Nollywood Film Festival (UKNFF).
The festival was organized by the UK Nollywood producers’ guild.
Malcolm Benson, president of the guild, in a statement issued on Sunday, said that ‘IBI (The Birth)’ was adjudged the ‘best indigenous (native language) feature film’, and also emerged ‘best feature film 2019’.
‘Dear Bayo’, won the jury’s award, as the ‘Unseen Treasure’ emerged the best in ‘best short film’ category, while ‘Diced’ was declared the ‘best script’.
Benson said plans were in the pipeline to increase the award categories to include ‘best actor’, ‘best actress’, ‘best supporting actor’, ‘best supporting actress’, ‘best director’ and ‘best producer’.
This, he said, would give more recognition to the talents both behind and in front of the screen.
“The UKNFF 2019 has broken its own record set during the first edition; the opening ceremony which took place at Ambassadors Hotel, London Bloomsbury, attended by the industry professionals and stakeholders sold out two days to the event,” the statement read.
“The UK Nollywood Producers Guild promises to secure a bigger venue for 2020’s event in order to accommodate the increasing demand.
“The UK Nollywood Producers Guild will continue to work with stakeholders and play it’s part in bringing Nollywood Producers together, enabling and creating the platforms where ever possible in order to improve standards.
“We will rise above our current barriers if we persist and focus on developing our crafts with genuine commitment to learning from our mistakes, learning from other experts, seeking and working with a good mentor and attending lectures and seminars.
“We will also succeed if we are resilient, avoid being complacent and importantly avoid unhealthy in-fight among ourselves and undue pride.
“We will make our mark and create an industry that will not only make us very rich and famous but also set a long lasting legacy for the next generation of Nollywood filmmakers.”
Benson said Kate Anolue, a Nigerian, who is the mayor of London borough of Enfield and current patron of the Guild, as well as Victoria Obaze, the mayor and speaker of London borough of Tower Hamlet, received certificates of patronage at the festival.
“There were various keynote speakers such as Shantelle Rochester of IDA ROSE Productions, Dapo Oshiyemi, CEO Talking Drums Film Distributions, and Dr Alistair Soyode, CEO of Ben Television,” he added.
“Other key guests are Sandie Bogle from Google Box; Prince and Mrs Mike Abiola, CEO, African Voice Newspaper; Sam Anwuzie CEO, ZAFAA Awards; Uche K of Sendwave, Representative from YANGA TV and CEO of Trumpet Newspaper, Mr Femi Okutubo, among others.”
Benson also said that UKNFF would open its online platform on November 1, in preparation for the 2020 edition to be held in October during the black history celebration.
He urged filmmakers to start submitting their films as soon as the platform opens, while financial and media partners were also invited to engage with the guild for early preparation of the 2020 event.
Society News11 months ago
EXCLUSIVE: The Complete Story of Dolapo Awosika, John Fashanu and Prophet Kasali Sex Mess
World News12 months ago
I laughed when I read the story that I gave Israel ultimatum to return Nnamdi Kanu – Lai Mohammed
Crime7 months ago
Unbelievable! Isolog Pry. School AKUTE Teacher Allegedly Rapes 2 Children… teacher on The Run
Featured4 months ago
Lagos Property Magnate, TV Mogul In Messy Sex Scandal In Dubai
News7 months ago
NDLEA Closes In On Sanwoolu’s Aide, Funke Phillips
News6 months ago
Umar Mohammed Bago, Man With Passion For Service
News3 years ago
Audu Maikori retracts statement that 5 students of Kaduna state College of Education were killed in Southern Kaduna crisis
Business News10 months ago
The Story Of How Herbert Wigwe and Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede Took Over Access Bank